Property and Built Environment
Meet our team
Linda manages and directs our property and built environment investments, marrying healthy financial returns with cultural, social, sustainable and design solutions.
At Beckon Capital Linda continues her strong commitment to excellence in the built environment to enhance built form, place and the way people live.
Linda’s achievements include:
· Director, Sydney Olympic Masterplan, the first Olympic site redevelopment in the world to take a multi-disciplinary approach to urban redevelopment
· Development director of the largest mixed-use development in Europe
· Enhancing a $900 million real estate asset portfolio as the CEO of the National Trusts of Australia (Adaptive Reuse and Retail), transforming the culture, business practices and public interaction with historic buildings in Australia
· As a property developer, using her own capital to adaptively reuse industrial buildings into mixed- use award winning projects
· Establishing two retail brands including Pure & General which was awarded ‘Best Retail in Australia’ by Qantas and Louis Vuitton.
Awards include winning the:
· NAWIC Sinclair Knight Merz award for Best Development
· ARUP award for Most Innovative Development
· National Dulux award for Best Interior
· NAWIC Lend Lease Development Award for overall best development in NSW
· National Multiplex Award for Vision, for innovative achievements throughout Linda’s working life, specifically in property development.
Positions held: Chair and Deputy Chair of Carriageworks (Sydney); Chair of the Armidale Regional Art Gallery; Board member Jirrawan Arts, The Kimberly WA; Foundation Board member of the National Gallery of Australia; Life Governor of the National Gallery of Australia; Member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia; Member of the Property Council Australia. For the last five years Linda has been a judge for the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) annual awards.
Education: Bachelor of Arts, Monash University; Post Graduate Urban Design, University of Victoria; Certificate of Landscape Architecture, University of Melbourne; Certificate of Urban Design, University of Melbourne; Master of Planning (UTS) (in progress