Property and Built Environment
We mobilise capital to support wellbeing, creativity and productivity where we live, work and play
Our property and built environment philosophy delivers quality returns for all.
Property and Built Environment is an essential Beckon offering. Our philosophy is driven by the importance of the built environment contributing to peoples' long term well-being and enhancing communities. We combine social, cultural, sustainable and design solutions with healthy profit margins.
Beckon’s property and built environment investments must demonstrate and measure design excellence, social and cultural benefit, environmental sustainability, and a quality fiscal return. We invest in projects with five key principles.
Design excellence isn’t just about how things look, it’s also about how they work and feel. We look for projects amplifying ingenuity, helping enrich the communities living and interacting in our projects.
Social and Cultural.
We encourage local and culturally appropriate developments and projects, enhancing the quality of life and increasing the overall well-being for individuals and communities. This includes quality place making, public art and considered urban design.
We focus on zero emissions, passive solar energy, sustainable building materials and the adaptive reuse of buildings. We explore passive design opportunities promoting low-tech systems and equipment, and technology appropriate solutions.
We consider projects with a sound fiscal return to our investors either on a short term or long-term basis. We “develop to divest” or “develop and hold.” Depending on the type of project and scale, we can provide both debt and equity.
We contribute positive returns to the community and investors.
We maximise the value of property and built environment projects. We're excited about delivering a quality result, achieving long term benefits for investors and the end user.
Our team approaches property and built environment projects by:
- Offering debt and equity solutions
- Maximising sustainable profit for the project and investor
- Working with the community to encourage quality place making, landscape and urban design
- Building brand reputation
- Understanding the value of design excellence
Our property and built environment credentials.
We bring talented people together to create quality buildings and environments. Our skills include:
- Proven track record in the development of award winning architecturally designed buildings with cultural, environmental and fiscal benefits
- A multi-disciplinary team who have worked on range of projects, with an emphasis on development directing and project management skills and experience
- Construction including the full development cycle
- Urban planning and design
- High level strategic advice to ministers and directors in the public and private sectors
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Investment banking and funds management
Learn more about our team.
Our property and built environment criteria.
We concentrate on debt and equity for projects ranging from $10 million to $100 million
Our focus is residential, mixed use, affordable housing, student housing, quality placemaking and master planning projects
Our projects enrich the lives of women, cultural, youth, elderly, low income, disability and creative groups, and the culture of responsible organisations
Design is culturally appropriate, enlivens the local place, and contributes social and cultural benefits for the community
Sustainability is at the core of our projects and sensitive the local environment
All projects deliver an attractive profit and sustainable returns for investors